Saturday, December 09, 2017

Quick quick long

Recording a lovely week on the bike before I go and blow it all on a cyclo-cross race that I'm no good for tomorrow.

Last week's Sunday race was hard but so short, I followed it straight up with a ride in to the office on Monday and a long ride home in the evening - not long long, just longer than normal.

Tuesday was a regular ride and Wednesday was a brief respite day off.  I didn't feel like riding on Thursday either but it felt better than scraping the ice off the car so I did and then topped off everything with a ride in on Friday followed by riding out to Ringinglow to do archery with my team mates before retreating to town to change onto the old bike and go into town for the Christmas meal.

26 miles clocked in a day including some icy miles, police road closures, beers, too much food, trying to sprint on Chicken and walking around town at 11:00pm looking for a quiet bar where I could get a drink on my own before using the bathroom to change my clothes and ride home again... like you do.  It all felt very audax... in the middle of my working day.

That feeling that you've been on your bike for 16 weeks.

Oh my! I can't believe 16 weeks of this has passed already.  I am so ready to quit cyclo-cross for the year.

No comments: