Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 1 - RESTART THE STOP WATCH!

Ah the good old days...
When meeting your ironman training targets is oh soooo easy

A 1 mile swim with 4 short sprints & bike sprints I can throw off on my commute home from work.

Bring on the tough stuff.

I did think about starting my cold shower training therapy at the pool today but decided that there were enough good excuses in the form of: having been ill with a tummy bug, it being -1 degrees outside, cycling to work with wet hair after a cold shower = no good.  I had a less-than-full-heat shower which gradually crept back up to full heat as time went by.  Well, I did manage to get all the way down the draughty corridor without my towel around my shoulders and without running.

Lunchtime saw me book my accommodation - which is a relief as everywhere seemed to be getting filled up rather quickly... or out of our price range.

My ride home was done "with vigour" though I suspect this is more to do with the cold than any training motivation left with my by the end of the day.

I am suitably tired but ready for tomorrow's 3 mile run. Ahhh.

No comments: