Monday, November 18, 2013

Celtman 2014

This is my last bit of indulgence, pure indulgence before all hell is set loose on my life.

No race entry confirmation has ever brought me such joy and such horror all at the same time.

The eloquence that I was anticipating for this post is all but gone after I spent many hours awake / semi-concious in the night getting excited, fearing and - ironically - thinking of what to post about today.

I have had a confirmed entry for the Celtman Extreme Scottish Triathlon, an Iron-distance event which comprises: a sea 3.5km swim in Scottish loch Sheildaig in June, a 202km bike ride with 2000m of climbing and a marathon which takes in 2 summits of Ben Eighe... at the end.  For the run I must be supported by a runner to make sure I stay on-route & don't die.

Last night's brain was both excited and terrified at the prospect.  At 3 am it almost thought it had a say in the matter & was trying to decide whether to accept the entry or not!

In the cold light of day with full commitment, I am still excited and terrified.

Technically, training starts tomorrow though it is unlikely that I will be able to help myself today.

(c) Colin Henderson

No comments: