Monday, July 19, 2010

First day back on the bike

Well, as rest weeks go, diaoreah and sickness was a lousy way to spend it. I'm not sure it was long enough but it has had the desired effect and I actually made it out onto my bike today and sprinted up all the big hill with a very heavy bag in tow.

There was a plan in there to go to the gym but I was too late in the morning and got absolutely absorbed into a very interesting tender for the ITER particle accellerator in the South of France.

Make no underestimation, this is a project I have wanted to be involved with since I visited Trawsfyndd Power station in the 1980's with my parents and found out about nuclear fission. At the time, ITER was not invented but it is the new generation of CERN.

Regretably, I am not sure we have the experience to win this work. As smashing, jolly good engineers, we have all the tools and the potential but there have to be experts out there that are better than us. It's a dilema, and one I'm not paid enough money to worry about.

I was so engrossed, I had to sprint home to catch the tour de France on TV - and boy was it worth it.

I love it when I can't wait to get out of bed tomorrow. I'm betting it doesn't feel that way in the morning.

No comments: