Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A dirty weekend away - Part 2

The grass is indeed greener and I do a study in green of the needles on the evergreens, the moss and lichen on the deciduous and, to my surprise, the bright green pussy-willow blooms and rising crocuses.

Ferns growing on Lichen growing on trees

(c) Andy
Green and Blu-green

(c) Andy
Dark Green

(c) Andy
Lighter Green

(c) Andy
Beautiful Bark

(c) Andy
Pussy willow. To keep DBO & Grac quiet

(c) Andy

I admire old barns, green with lichen glowing in the sun.

Green Barn

(c) Andy

There are more signs of rural life. A tiller chain,

(c) Andy

an ancient muck spreader,


(c) Andy

a tree farm

(c) Andy

smallholdings glimpsed through the trees.

Smallholding

(c) Andy
Smallholding thru the trees

(c) Andy

It screams paradise to me, but it also screams hard work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that catkins? Isn't pussy willow fuzzier?

Over Christmas, DBO sent me a photo text of a cat, with the message: this is the pussy I've been stroking this week.

For some reason, my sister decided it would be sensible to pick up that message for me...

Trepid Explorer said...

I thought willows drooped and catkins point upwards. It's all in the gravity. Giggling.