Sunday, December 16, 2018

HT 3 - Better weather still got soaked.

Finally, I did a bigger ride!  I did a bigger ride!

Got very excited.  Once I'd achieved my target of riding to stanage I didn't know what to do with myself so I headed to the reservoirs and rode around 1.5 of them including a little trip over Hagg Farm in the dark.

There was quite a lot of walking involved.

By the time I was getting to the final route-call I was getting tired so I headed back to the road but took the Bridlepath to Cutthroat bridge and avoided a lot of traffic.  Cue more walking as I decided to do without the traffic so walked the footpath to Moscar top before rejoining bridleway all the way over to Rails Road and finally rode down the Rivelin Valley on Rodside Road.

With 20 minutes to go the heavens opened but I just about managed to stay warm enough by riding up Hagg Hill (2/3 of the way) at which point I bonked so rode back along the bridlepath instead to save my legs a few metres of 1:3 climb. 

I got home 5 minutes later, dripping wet and in desperate need of tea.

What a brilliant day.

No comments: