Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Stats & Pics


I usually stat in November but this year I didn't, I was so taken with completing RRtY.  So here's how my, very different, 2018 went.

Swimming - one swim - Harthill - about 200m in skins. (2017 -  50km)
Cycling - Too many to count - 12375 km (7734 miles), 165,313m elevation, 891 hours (2017 - 8,900km)
Running - about 23 sessions - 145km, 9000m elevation, 21 hours. (2017 - 20,000km)

January - had its daylight rides but a lot of them ended up like this.
February - some amazing sunny days and a few trails to break in the new bike.
My long distance journey really started in March but I couldn't omit a selfie with one of my heroes, Emily Chappel. I bumped into her in Rapha in London when I should have been working.
The redeye of my first 300k Audax including 10 hours of snow.  Bite me, I'm entered for 2019.  We have business to settle.
April found me on a successful 300k ride, credit to the glorious weather and flatlands of Lincolnshire and chips at 160km.
In May we loaded the bikes and headed out for a practice ride.  It was the first of many sunset shots which I promised myself every day on the Transatlantic way
June: Which picture to choose? This isn't a great photo but the peace of this place on the Ring of Kerry after my epic battles with Storm Hector had my heart in my mouth.


Well, I can't ignore this one. This was the day I knew I was going to finish.

In July - no really, it was

In August I carried on the roll with a 400 in which these two lovely chaps were my saviours in humour, company and snapping me out of the snoozles at 4am.

The Pistyl Packin' Momma was a lucky charm of weather in September.


I shouldn't be surprised by a wet day out in Wales in October but storm Callum made the Clwydian extra specially windy and wet with floods up to my hubs.  But at least there was somewhere for a seaside brew.

 




In November, leave was due so me and TSK set off on a mission to Blackpool.  I got up the courage to enter the Highland Trail.


I tried to give myself December off but once I knew the HT was on, and increasing number of evening sunsets were seen.




No comments: