Friday, March 01, 2013

Sofa-bound again.

It's really boring being ill.  After the immediate exhilaration and adrenaline rush of throwing up followed by the sleeping, the restless moments before the next throw-up, the day of waiting for the dehydration headache to go away then building up the courage to take a paracetamol to get rid of the residual caffeine deprivation headache, I am done with being ill.

Problem is, I'm not.  I am weak and pathetic and confined to my sofa.  For company I have a lazy cat and t'interweb

so I have been filling my time with looking at the Patagonia website and getting excited about doing stuff outdoorsy and adventurous again once I come out of this fug.

I have resolved to keep the blog up a bit more and post more pictures more timely.  It's all well and good when you're sofa bound.

Sofa-bound with the blogger
I have also motivated myself to look at some stuff.  TSK is off to Oxford soon to reccie the ride that he organises every year.  I have discovered it is only another 1.5 hours drive to the destination of the Forestman so I will probably pop down with him and tie up my day with some reccie rides and runs and potentially meeting up with some family.

Somehow being ill has given me enough downtime to figure out some important stuff and gain some perspective.  The boss told me to relax a little last week.  Perhaps I'll take him up on that in the meantime my relaxation takes the form of a little walk into town or maybe I'll take the bike to make it even easier.




Happy days.

No comments: