Sunday, September 18, 2011

First cyclo-cross of 2011-12

I wasn't sure about racing today.  I still feel tired from Helvellyn on a daily basis and the palava with work didn't help my recovery.  Still, I decided to give it a go thanks to TSK's persuasion.

I was rushing around like a mad thing before the start at Tong.  Thank goodness for a hint of disorganisation.  I managed to get a lap in.

The entire course was fun. Difficult twists and turns, some short run ups, some gnarly wooded descents and a very steep long climb which I really struggled.  Deffinately too much Helvellyn left in my legs.

Although it was hard, the race was like a wake-up call for my body.  I feel tired now but only standard tired.  I also feel more confident about the 3 Peaks next week, like I know just how fast to go away at the start (not very) and how much I will have left at the end - enough. 

I'm coming into it this year knowing that I've already done something harder.

I'll spend the rest of this week resting up now, perhaps treat myself to running track training one evening to get the running legs firing again.

The rest of my time will be spent planning and knitting.

No comments: