Monday, December 20, 2010

Depressing December

So November was supposed to be a restful month but sadly, December has been blighted by ice, a cold and work. I feel silly for booking a ski holiday as i don't wish to see another flake of snow for a while and feel we probably should've cut our losses and headed to Tenerife for two weeks.

I've spent the last three weeks telling myself that training starts tomorrow, barring through the cold when I decided to cut my losses and rest. Or should I say, just limit my exertions to work. Great - restful!

At least all the overtime payments will help support the recovery from this year's investment in triathlon kit for the summer.

Cyclo-crosses continue to pass in a steady-state condition - which feels like an improvement on years gone by when I've been blighted by pulled muscles, back pain and sickness. I can still run - to some extent or another - though it's been a while. I am swimming good distances and improving my technique and my speed all the time.

These things are good and need to be remembered.

No comments: