Friday, October 21, 2005

I know the ski season is coming because...

1. There is the occasional cloud in the sky
2. I get bills for professional institution membership fees that I don’t mind paying.
3. A gear guide suddenly appears in my mail box
4. People with big rucsacs start lingering near the gate of my workplace
5. and I consider picking them up and blowing out work for the day.
6. I can manage to spend 1hr in the gym without getting bored.
7. I see lifties and other instructors at the gym and in the pool.
8. I think of buying another iron so I can use my old one for waxing skis.
9. I’m wondering if there’s space in the basement for a conditioning bench.
10. Winter tyre ads on the radio when I’m driving to work.
11. When I find my goggles in the basement, I’ll put them somewhere I can find them instead of pushing them to the back of a drawer.
12. I’m thinking of putting my new ski coat through the wash for the first time since last (warm) season.
13. The words “pineapple express” have been hissed through gritted teeth and curled lips at least once on the TV this week.
14. I have something to actively avoid watching on TV – Hockey Night.
15. I’m browsing the professional institution’s website for deals and new tric clothing. They’ve invented yet another new fibre.
16. For the next 6 months, I wouldn’t mind if they fired me (be careful what you wish for).
17. My boss is suffering from S.A.D. (Seasonally Affected Depression) whilst I am experiencing I.S.S.E. (Impending Ski Season Euphoria)
18. I am checking the webcam almost daily and getting unnecessarily excited to see a) snow, b) excavators building big jumps.
19. I know what day the resort is scheduled to open
20. I have last year’s rock toons going through my head.
21. The community theatre makes me think of Warren Miller.
22. Studs are cool again.
23. I feel the need to colour my hair an even-more drastic shade.
24. I wonder if an avalanche transceiver would make a fun toy or if I’d get more out of playing with the box.
25. A craving for Gluhwein and decent chocolat chaud.

No comments: