Saturday, March 02, 2019

On training like a pro

Training like a pro took a back seat last week. Unless you mean training like a professional engineer. I went back to work. I tried to do self care but by Tuesday I was already working late because I now had 3 monthly reports to catch up on.

So I took wednesday morning off and went to the gym instead... but I didn't. I sat on  the couch and did nothing.

This week training like a pro has reverted to the grind of recovering from some of the hard efforts put in on my last week at work and easing myself into the daily grind. Trying to recover effectively from the working day with a bike ride home. Eating nutritional food. Trying not to get too drunk when friends come to visit.  That will have to do for my pro training.

Whilst I made it to yoga, the promised gym sessions on Monday, Wednesday or Friday didn't happen.

I thought I was due an Audax on Saturday but I really couldn't face getting ready for it on Friday night. Instead I had nothing planned so it was with great relief that, this morning, I did some work on my new bike then took it for a short, strengthening spin up some local hills.

It turns out plebbing about on a mountain bike for miles and miles isn't that good hill training. The ride certainly beat squats in the gym and had the added bonus of wearing me out completely before the weather turned. I ate lunch then lounged in bed in the late afternoon before making myself piles of food. I can't think of a better way to pro the day.

Another stint in bed now before, in all probability, I take to the gym again tomorrow to hide from the hideous weather.


No comments: