Sunday, March 04, 2018

Snow

It's been a wonderful snowy week of battling my way to work through the fluffy stuff - with a little battling my way home through the ice on Friday.

It's left me exhausted but has been an excellent exercise in just gettin up and doing it all again.

On Wednesday I accidentally overshot and kept riding.  On Thursday I extended again but rode home the quick way and on Friday I stuck to the edge of the ice alongside the shelter of buildings to find all the available concrete and then rode home down the roads to get in quick in time for tea - but then it was 10 pm.

It has been an insane week.

I have rested this weekend.  I haven't touched a bike except to maintain them and I went outside only to walk to the pub and drink too many beers - 2 is too many nowadays.

TSK and I talked about our plans for the Dean in 2 weeks time and we decided to ride it separately so that he can enjoy it without waiting for me and I can get much out of it as a solo ride without coat-tailing and I can pace myself how I want.

It's nice that we're both excited about something that we can share.

I have tried not to feel guilty this weekend and have succeeded.  It was a planned rest week and I am ignoring the fact that I only achieved 30% of my target last week and calling this an actual rest week.  Besides all those snowy miles are worth double.  I hope it will encourage some strength to come through since I stupidly entered the Mag 7 which is next weekend.  No time to train or plan for it.  I just have to go out and ride and it's in Bradfield so I am dreading it but my FOMO means I have entered and I hope I will enjoy it as much as I did last year. 

A "fun" warm up for the 300.

No comments: