Sunday, January 24, 2016

And prepare to ski

I am poorly again.  Third cold in 2 months and the chesty cough from the last one still has not gone.  I had an x-ray on Friday.

The work week has been a nightmare.  I gave up on exercise by Tuesday morning at yoga although I did manage Thursday morning's shapes.

On Saturday we drove to the ski shop... in Ilkley, to see the people who sold me my boots 3 years ago about the foot problems I experienced two years ago which stopped me running part-way into my Ironman training.  I don't want to go through that again.  In fact, I am still nursing the tendonitis that I acquired back then.

I had an appointment at 3.

I was seen at 5:30.  In any other shop anywhere else, this would have made me livid but somehow, spending the day surrounded by skis and skiers and climbing gear and like-minded folk made me super happy.  I chatted, joked and walked around in circles in my boots... oh how I love those touring boots and looked forwards to Italy.  I have every reason in the world to get well again.  I have every reason in the world to sink into a haven of training and nature and sanctitude.  I'd say solitude but this year, TSK will be with me on his touring skis and I am so excited for it.

Today I am sat on the sofa, buying ski maintenance tools and I am very very happy.

TSK on a sketchy black in Mayrhofen last year.

No comments: