Monday, January 07, 2013

Day 46 - A dark run

I love staying in Bury St Edmunds.  I stay at the Fordham St Genevive based Suffolk golf and country club and I swim 100 lengths of their 16m pool.

This time I ventured a run which went through the dodgiest areas of Bury St Edmunds and resulted in me running along some very dark lanes without any footpaths or a light.

Dangerous, over-exciting, wrong.  That's me.

I made my distance though, despite a few dazzling moments from oncoming vehicles and a lot of standing on grass verges whilst trucks roared past.

When I found my site the next day, I passed by on my way to pick up a forgotten toothbrush from the village stores.  The village where my site is based is beautiful and completely lovely running teritory.

Perhaps next time.

No comments: