Thursday, February 03, 2011

New feet?

Something is not right with my feet. Canadian podiatrists fixed me new feet in 2006 and they've been brilliant since, helping me to run up to 20km and easily manage the 18km run to work.

Then I went skiing two weeks ago and now I can't run long distance any more.

Knee pain, hip pain, hamstrings hurting, walking around like a wobbly hippo the next day. I need to resolve this now, not sit around waiting to see if it goes away. It's entirely conceivable that my feet have changed in the last 5 years and if not, I'm quite happy to have a new, spare, more flexible pair of insoles to sort out my rubbish feet.

So today I'm off to the podiatrist - if I can cope with another session on the running machine by 6pm after a run to work yesterday and an uncomfortable walk / run home.

Reading t'interweb today, it's entirely likely my trainers have worn out. Whilst I've read in tri magazines that they should be replaced every 3 months (scoff!) and ignored that because I'm not an ironman triathlete, I did read today that they should be replaced every 300-500 miles which, in the last 15 months is more like it - well 250 measured miles anyway.

I feel an expensive day coming on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have the feety supports you do but I have been swearing that my feet have changed too! Know that yours may have makes me think I might have to give a different shoe a go.

Trep said...

It can't be right that I'm running faster than ever yet in more pain than ever? Can it?

Anonymous said...

It sure doesn't sound right!