Friday, October 08, 2010

Hatching a plan

There is a plan in the making involving a half ironman and one of the hardest Standard distance triathlons in the world.

There's a lot of training and a few trips to the pool and the lake involved.

I don't need to commit until 1st November but that's still a long way from the race in June. Will I be ready?

I have demonstrated this year that I can more or less commit myself to training for the three peaks and if I don't have a house move to do (for once) I should be OK.

None of the elements bother me too much (which is worrying). I've swum the distance (but in the pool). I've definately biked the distance though it's a long time since that's included anything like the Kirkstone pass. I am not far off having run the distance (but not in a fell race). Putting all three together is the worry - as it always is with a first triathlon at any distance.

In all the standard distance races I have done I have always been tired at the end - less so towards the end of the season. With the longer distance I will need to do more transition training and more training whilst tired.

After 8 years of doing the three peaks I almost got the hang of the nutrition between events and eating on the move which is also something I can bring to the 1/2 ironman.

First, I have a bike to clean and a cold / sinus infection to get rid of. I wish I could say that training starts tomorrow but the only contribution I will be making is to go to Swindon house to pick up my running shoes which I think I left there. I hope I left there.

I'm going to hope, upon all hopes that I'm back to it on Monday.

1 comment:

Girl said...

You can so do it Trep!