Monday, December 19, 2005

In the Style of Silver Lining

It was a training day today. At 11am – lunchtime - I was fired up. I fancied a swim but the pool doesn’t open till 11:30 and it’s only a 5 minute drive so I grabbed my bag, hoping the right stuff was in it for a thrashing run in the gym instead. I didn’t want to risk waiting for the pool then finding I was no longer motivated. When I picked the bag up this morning there were running shoes inside, which is a good start. I could at worst run in my tightfitting lycra-ish black jeans and top I was wearing to work.

My new feet however, were still frozen to the bottoms of my ski boots in Hubby’s car 60kms away so I had to pound through my run without them for the first time since I took possession of them in the summer. The run was a 20 minute one which I told myself I WOULD complete – I usually get bored and move on. I did complete it by shutting off my brain and concentrating on the music on the radio, so no doubt my legs will be very achey tomorrow from doing the run without the new feet. Not sure we all appreciated the christmas tunes since most of us were there to forget christmas.

I also had no sports bra so I had to watch my boobs bob up and down in the mirror – and it was a little nippy in there too! At least I had an M&S Comfortable bra with me so I didn’t loose any body-parts out of the push-up bra I put on for work.

Apart from these two omissions in my wardrobe, the rest of the session went well with clean knickers, bra, top and a towel in tow so I am back at work, clean, energised and further rejuvenated (at this rate I’ll be 2 by the end of the week).

I got back to find everyone in a sulk because I took my contracted 1 hour lunchbreak instead of the measly half hour everyone else gets. They weren’t working in the right places when I returned and wander into my office to complain that after 25 years here they don’t know what they’re doing but once I set them straight I don’t care. This my new start developing nicely – more “me-time” less “crappy-time” and my! It’s working well.

No comments: