Saturday, February 05, 2011

New Feet Part 2

So the man is to make me new insoles which straighten out my stride by making my big toe do some work instead of wallowing around out of the way while the middle toes take all the weight.

The old supports have support in the wrong place which causes my blisters and makes my foot too stiff. The new one will support towards the back of my foot where the load is transferred from my leg and otherwise the support will flex where it should, stopping the blisters.

The great news is, I don't need new shoes for now. The electronics said that my shoes still support my foot. This is good as I do like the ones I have.

The appointment hurt in ways I didn't expect - somewhat sideways and upwards - which shows how much damage I did on my long run on Wednesday. Time for a day of swimming on Friday so I went to the pool and managed to knock out 2km for the first time since we've been back off holiday. I even indulged in the pull buoy for the firs 40 laps to take the stress off my legs.

No comments: