Wednesday, February 09, 2011

I am Triathlete

I have been gramgineering my bike.

Thanks to Mr Threadgold I have replaced the spacers on my steering tube. The old fat chunky one is replaced with a lightweight machined-down version and the skinny over-size one that came of TSK's mountain bike is replaced with a titanium one.

My ride to work was 2 minutes faster than fastest (at this time of year) and i wasn't even trying. This is due to the tri bars and not the 2.?g saved on my spacers. My ride home was decidedly slower since I went out of my way to look for one of dad's gloves lost on Sunday's walk. It was very satisfying being in plus temperatures, happily foraging around for gloves by the glow of my bike light, not actually worrying about getting cold.

Tomorrow I have to "pop" down to Gloucester for a morning meeting before winging my way back to Sheffield for step class and my podiatrist fitting in the evening. I am deffinately going to need my Friday afternoon off. So much for cunning plans to work on my house when I'm down there. I won' t even get to swim in the nice quiet pool or take a run up big old Birdlip hill. I will be looking forwards to new feet in the evening though.

No comments: