Sunday, March 10, 2013

Epic weekend

This may lead to some discomfort!

It has been a long time since I've come in from a Saturday "night" "out" to the sound of the heating coming on.  Back then it was for very different reasons.  Last night I drove home from Oxford, setting out at midnight.  We stopped every hour or so for me to sleep for 2 hours before pressing on. TSK drove the last leg as I just couldn't wake up.

Still, after a lie-in till 11am, I'm ready for today's 10 mile run and possibly the swim that follows.

I'm not sure I am ready for the epic pile of yesterday's stinking laundry.

In other news, on reflecting the last two weeks efforts, I am proud that in a week when I contracted salmonella I still manged 48% of my Ironman training plan.  I'm not sure that bimbling about town on my touring bike doing shopping counts but I am claiming it regardless.  FTW.

No comments: