Thursday, December 27, 2012

My 2012 in Pictures

January

Half Ironman Training - gets off to a roaring Start despite icy weather in January 

 February

North West Passage - the most confusing Audax ever and mostly completed below 4 degrees C. We narrowly escape with our lives after riding down the M65 sliproad at 9pm and retreat to the pub to eat cheese and onion pie with beans.

 March

The Best Day at Work Ever - A safety stand-down day and 62km of bike riding over Emley Moor and Stannington 

April

Hell on the Hills Duathlon - my first (and possibly only) multisport event win 

May

A brilliant day out mountain biking in Wales with an old school friend. It was even more fun when I found all my gears. 

 June

The Olympics

A very wet "Day in the Lakes"

July

The Wedding Season Kicks off in Style - with a very busty affair in Sussex. I am reunited with family I haven't seen in 15 years and we get to swim in the sea & go mountain biking as part of the package.
A very memorable Hen Night involving Zorbing, drinking, feeling very ill, much tea and a mountain bike ride with Silver Lining propping me up.

August

Married Mr R & celebrated with a picnic on Burbage Moor, a paddle and an insane Celidh 

September

Our Honeymoon - and a trip to the beach goes down well with Trepid Explorer 
A Honeymoon filled with colour
Togetherness
My Dad gets an "Old Git" award at the 50th 3 Peaks Cyclo-Cross 

October

TSK completes the Monsal Hill Climb and I have a very proud day out.
I tell one person about my ambitions for 2013. 

November 

The Concept of Ironman in 2013 Starts to Brew 

December 

The North of England 'cross Champs goes well and I commit myself to 6 months of ironman training by telling some people 
Christmas dinner with friends.



No comments: