Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Think back... a long time back... to June and Mount English

I colleague asked me to scan some pictures of his racing horse tonight. And while I was at it I did my photos from our weekend walk in June and our weekend away at Mount English.
Blogger is getting on my nerves and won't upload them all but here's a handful.
On the descent - photographing the photographers

Afterwards - the clear summit
Englishwoman on Mt English. Can you believe this was the same day?
My knees hurt, I'll stop and take a picture.
On the drive home - the road to basecamp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful beautiful place.

I know it's not on the same scale, but my parents used to take us hiking up the fells in the Lake District. They always used to drag us up saying "Don't worry, for every uphill, there is always a down" Aside from the fact that Silver Lining and I found a road that completely disproved that theory whilst training for her 10K, I always noticed that downhill was more painful.

I assume the summit was cloudy when you were at the top?

Trepid Explorer said...

Clasically, very cloudy. I know why mountaineers die on the way downhill, they make mistakes because they're admiring the view they never saw on the way up.