Tuesday, September 06, 2005

It was a long weekend

In which I:
Had breakfast every day on our finished deck
Tore my hands to shreds ripping oregon grape from the garden.
Talked to mum and dad and made plans.
Showed the caravan to an interested family.
Held a baby that didn't cry whilst his mum sampled the bed in the caravan!
Held my breath whilst they went away to think about it.
Expired because they didn't come back.
Cleaned up the muddy mess that the daughter left on the floor of the caravan.
Ripped the hem on the bathroom curtain lining because it was wobbly
Tore my hands appart some more re-doing the hem
Went for a walk into the village where we saw endangered species, then went up The Gulch.

Stood on the deck at the Jesus Beach.
Got excited about going back to the old country for a visit.
Had dinner in the pub.
Sat and talked with my elderly neighbours who were drunk from a birthday party.
Came into town to buy cow poo and grass seed which we sowed on the front lawn.
Photographed some flowers and the cat kissing the flowers, because I was looking.

Acknowledged the end of the summer season.
Wore my hoodie and felt snuggly warm.

2 comments:

Girl said...

when do you go for your visit?

Trepid Explorer said...

Indeed we are