Friday, September 09, 2005

The dark side.

I feel dark today. I had to turn my bedside light on for the first time this morning. I had to put the headlights on in Willie so that I could see what speed we were going. Without thinking, I threw on my black jeans this morning (as they’re the only decent long pants that are clean) then put on my MtW hoodie which is also black. The sky is grey and it’s a little breezy so the hoody hasn’t come off yet.

My calendar at work has a nice picture of someone jogging along a bank that’s bright yellow in an autumnal scene of setting sun. The man is wearing leggings, a purple wind jacket and a toque.

Jogging is something that should be done when it’s cool, not when it’s steaming hot. There seems to be no point to exercising in the heat. It’s easy to get outside when it’s hot. There’s no need to exercise when all one ever feels inclined to do is eat salads and cherry tomatoes. So today I am feeling inspired again to get out bike and running shoes. It’s about time wife let up for a while. Last night she got obsessive, cooking dinner, watering the plants, loading the dishwasher, feeding the cat, reading a book on the couch till she couldn’t see anymore then she was so tired she couldn’t get up to turn the light on and fell asleep in front of SG-1. NO, not even Richard Dean Anderson could keep me awake last night. .

Slaughterpuss valiantly woke me this morning to tell me I needed a shower and I should feed her first before doing anything else. She was right about one thing – the shower came first. Then fed the cat, brewed coffee for the sleeping husband and finally sat down to drink my tea to look at the clock and find it time to go to work.

I need another job with later hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been darkish here too today, but still not inspired to get those running shoes - too hot and muggy.

You sound how I feel in the middle of Winter. When will the colours of Autumn/Fall appear? They alweays cheer me up.