Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pre-race Resting

Resting is bliss when there's no excuses. I have less than 1 week to go before the day in the lakes half ironman. Yesterday I spent all day fixing up my bike (I still have to ride it to make sure it's ok) today I jogged around the trunce. I wasn't going to do it at all but the weather was so lovely and I felt inclined to encourage my young colleague to keep going along.

I literally jogged up the hills, even walked down some with the more timid folks nearer to the back than I'm used to.

I walked the last climb as much as I could but my legs were crying out for some short sharp steps so I darted round the side and ran past a few who passed me back as I jogged down the last descent to the finish.

I wasn't going to damage my legs on any frivolous downhill sprints tonight oh no. As instructed, my understudy, Robin, jogged with me to the car, from where we dashed off to the station so I could catch the 20.23 to Cheltenham for 2 days of meetings starting tomorrow.

Life is too short at this speed. Resting is fun.

No comments: