Thursday, December 30, 2010

20km run

An amazing day out around Derwent Reservoir. I followed the usual route but added on a loop from the top of the climb down to the woodland below the reservoir and a ruined building owned by the national trust. This included getting lost / going the wrong way along a path and re-tracing my steps so I added and extra distance as well as originally intended extra elevation.

The weather was in meltdown so although relatively warm (compared to the -18 of previous weeks) it was also icy on all the puddles and muddy everywhere else. A few people to talk to but otherwise a very quiet day out.

I enjoyed the shelter. I even enjoyed the climb up the side of the hill.

I enjoyed the views as Derwent and Ladybower were both shaddowed by a temperature inversion cloud. The edale valley was just masked with fog.

I ran all the way over the meadows and down to the bridge crossing the Dewent and up to the pub. In reward I allowed myself a little walk up the path alongside the pub and chatted to a lady returning to her car. At 4pm I was turning on my headtorch and we were both the last people back to our carparks.

A very successful run time of 2:47:05 for 19.66km & 703m elevation which is enough (elevation) to get me through ADIL.

No comments: