Thursday, February 05, 2009

Worst winter in 18 years

Today I renewed my love for Dauntless. What is a day today for, if not for mountain biking to work?

Much as I was tempted to ride all the bridlepaths to work, we slogged through the slush and the ice with the motorists. Much to my delight, one of the main throughfares to my workplace was half-blocked by temporary traffic lights meaning I could ride the whole length almost traffic-free on one side of the road or the other.

Brimble Hill was a less of a challenge than I thought as I span up the slushy tarmac in wheel ruts trying to ignore the motorists squeezing past next to me.

When I pulled into the office driveway, the sweet pristine white snow just begged me to turn right around and head out for a ride along the Ridgeway path. Sadly, though, I'm a grown up and off I go to work. Still, slightly tempted to head out for a half hour at lunchtime.

No comments: