Friday, November 24, 2017

Friday review

The Friday review of the week is filling a gap and giving me the impetus to do the weekend right.  Anything I find I didn't do in the week I can at least have a pop at squeezing into 2 days at the weekend.

So this weekend I can be excited because:

  • I'm ready to ride after illness earlier in the week
  • My bike should be working
  • Out of a planned 185 miles I've managed 18 on Friday...  but have saved myself 156 to catch up on
  • This weekend it's that 'cross that I've never been too but sounds such a faff walking 5 minutes to get to the course.
Whilst it's not on my tick list, I can give myself extra credits for 3 strength sessions (if rock climbing after a 9 year relapse counts).

For now, I'm telling myself it doesn't matter that I under-achieve targets as they were ambitious when set.  For now, I'm telling myself that just riding through the winter is more credit for what I usually get up to.  

For now, I am going to bed and pretending the week did not turn out the way it did.

No comments: