Saturday, October 28, 2017

Weekend ride attempt 1

A relaxing and pretty ride with TSK today. I wanted to do 106 mile this weekend but I figure since I did 80 last week I could split it as much as I  like to make it enjoyable. Andrew was feeling rough so I kept him company with an open mind to do what I felt with it.

It was so windy and a little damp and by the time we got to Hope I was starving. It was only 11 am. So I had lunch then just rode home and spent the afternoon working on my bike.  It's a good job. There were a few things I missed during the build - lose bolts and a broken chain. I hadn't even done my quick release up properly this morning.

Considering its nearly November it was a lovely ride. It was cloudy but there was still so much colour I kept thinking I was wearing my yellow glasses. I stared into the trees to get away from the grey of the skies. Yet I remember I was in 3/4 length leggings and things get worse.

As well as buying last bits for the bike - like a 30 block to get me up the fucking hills and my frame bag, I also fitted my rear mudguard, got the tribars out of the basement and took in my size 12 trousers that I have been trying to alter for months.

After all that it's time to get some decent shut eye and hope for better conditions to go out and do a bit more with tomorrow.

28 miles 688m

No comments: