Thursday, June 04, 2015

Work - Life Balance

 Tuesday I worked from 7am (on site) until 4.30 then set off for home. I had already lost sight of any chance to get back in time for swimming so I just got home and to bed after my 15 hours of a day moving what ammounted to a 200kg bucket of oil from A to B and back.

After that, I had Wednesday off, knowing that I had to drive on Thursday but hoping I might be able to ride it to Manchester.

Truth be told, that didn't feel realistic on Wednesday night so I took my running kit in the car instead.

After a seriously happy meeting (though with a few challenges) I headed home over Winnats pass - stopping at the end of Rushup Edge to park the car and head out for a run.

I got changed in my dry robe sat in the car as there was a lot of traffic and I needed to get out of office bra and into a running bra. The robe worked really well - just as much space, infinitely more dignity. It will be a great addition to my cyclo cross wardrobe.

I couldn't resist going over Mam Tor, even though I intended to go along Rushup Edge. Once on it I couldn't face retracing my steps past hoards of uni students out for a walk so I carried on to Hollins Cross before dropping into the Edale Valley, across the Mam Nick road then on to a valley path for wet feet and access to Barber Booth. The sun was beating down making it almost more pleasant in the shade than in the sun, if it weren't for the fact that this sun is such a bloody novelty.

After 50m I turned off the road again and traversed a few fields before climbing a big wall... I mean vertical path back up to the moor.

Eventually I rejoined the main Rushup Edge path and helped a paraglider to find the path as he was hiking back to his car having been blown up the valley by a particularly strong thermal. We had a chat for a while before I ran on to stay warm.

I got back to the car 10km and 1:29 later having taken a few photos and climbed the mountain at least once.

No comments: